The distance in the VSC2019_ORTEC_early_10.txt
Dear VSC2019-organizers,
in the instance VSC2019_ORTEC_early_10.txt the distance between locations 1 and 207 is greater than half the TRUCK_MAX_DISTANCE, if I'm not mistaken.
That is, the location 207 is unreachable.

Kind regards,
Olena
<hidden> - October 10, 2018 3:13 PM
4 Replies:
Dear Organizers,
Olena makes a good point. I ran a quick check, and it appears as if this is also true for
Instance 13, Location 52,
Instance 13, Location 58,
Instance 15, Location 170.

However, the checker accepty my solutions, and reports the same objective function value. Probably some problem in my source-code.
Kind regards,
MJG
<hidden> - October 10, 2018 4:22 PM ( 6 years ago )
Apologies, this was confusing... Location-IDs, Request-IDs, IDs, IDs, ...
Yes, the locations are unreachable. However, there are no requests at these locations, so, after some debugging, I conclude that the checker is indeed correct when verifying the results. Hence, the datasets can be, to the best of my knowledge, solved.
Kind regards,
MJG
<hidden> - October 10, 2018 7:26 PM ( 6 years ago )
Thanks for clarification ))
<hidden> - October 10, 2018 9:23 PM ( 6 years ago )
Dear all,
It is indeed true that on instance VSC2019_ORTEC_early_10.txt the distance between location 207 and location 1 exceeds half of the maximum allowed for a truck, making it impossible to deliver there. However, technician number 29 is based on location 207 and can travel at most 645 per working day, which brings 41 locations other that 207 within reach of technician 29.
This being said, it could happen that the organization generated an instance with a meaningless location, after all the organizers also make mistakes! Thank you very much for your careful analysis and study of the instances.
In the meanwhile, all instances have feasible solutions uploaded, meaning that the all-time best prices will start being awarded at the end of the week.
Good luck with the challenge!
With our best regards,
The organization
VSC 2019 Organization - October 11, 2018 5:09 PM ( 6 years ago )